Monaco, Monte Carlo, September 25, 2023 – The shipyard Rossinavi is set to officially unveil Alchemy, a 66-meter motor yacht, at the Monaco Yacht Show (September 27-30). This fully customized motor yacht underwent completion and launch for sea trials earlier this year at the shipyard’s facility in Viareggio, Italy. Alchemy is a project by Vitruvius Yachts, a brand under the direction of Philippe Briand, with Enrico Gobbi of Team for Design responsible for the interior design and styling of the outdoor spaces. This new vessel represents Rossinavi’s latest superyacht with diesel-electric propulsion, utilizing pods to reduce energy loss between the engines and navigation speed.
Alchemy is an elegant tri-deck motor yacht measuring 66 meters in length, commissioned by a private client who has been deeply involved in every aspect of the design project. The client’s primary focus has been on the yacht’s outdoor areas and wellness features. The collaboration between the client’s desires and Rossinavi’s expertise has proven highly successful, in no small part thanks to the Owner’s representative, Fabrizio Loi of U.S.-based Interyachting LLC. Loi meticulously coordinated the efforts of the designers, oversaw the production process, and managed inspections performed by Mike Worthington-Lees of Wintherbothams Ltd.
- The forward owner’s cabin provides an unobstructed view of the sea towards the aft, courtesy of the spacious central corridor. This design element fosters a sense of openness and a profound connection to the maritime surroundings.
- Notable technical features encompass custom elements like the specialized aft toy storage hatches. These incorporate a mechanical system meticulously engineered to ensure stability during tender launches into the water.
- The emphasis has been placed on optimizing onboard comfort while minimizing vibrations. Every technical and material selection, from the bow thruster to the air conditioning system and engine room layout, has undergone careful consideration to mitigate onboard noise and vibrations, ultimately elevating the overall comfort of the vessel.
“The key word for this vessel is balance. With the Vitruvius team, we were able to best express the know-how and skills we have gained through decades of experience; together we were able to work in synergy under the precious guidance and presence of the owner.”’ Says Federico Rossi, Chief Operating Officer of Rossinavi
“I was very lucky to meet this owner, who guided and empowered the entire team involved in the creation of his superyacht. A real “Alchemy”, as the name evokes, a combination of elements which leads to an original and refined result: a streamlined and elegant 3 deck vessel, 66m long, that fits perfectly with Key design specifications include: what Vitruvius Yachts represents.” says Philippe Briand, Founder of Vitruvius Yachts.
Key design specifications include:
· Alchemy’s silhouette is all about proportioned balance and exudes tranquility. Its beauty is enhanced by optimal volumes and distribution of the living areas thanks to a meticulous process of research and development.
· Generous outdoor square meterage (over 330 sqm) well distributed across three different decks.
· Main amenities include a jacuzzi, numerous sunpads, a bar, and entertaining areas, together with a barbecue positioned near one of the dining spaces. The bridge deck features a salon and another al fresco dining area for more formal occasions, while the main
· A monumental, suspended staircase takes center stage in the main salon and connects the bridge to the upper deck. The grand staircase creates a dramatic connection with the two areas through a vertical opening right in the heart of the yacht featuring suspended glass steps that are supported between two partitions of white Carrara marble.
· The Beach Club coincides with the vessel’s welcome area which is designed to give the impression of entering a spa. Teak wood enhanced by fine details in stainless steel and white marble with a matt finish provides a relaxing atmosphere.
· The garage area has enough space to store a vast array of equipment from paddleboards to windsurfs, from water skis to two tenders (respectively of 7m and 8m long), water slide, inflatable docks and even mountain bikes for exploration trips on land.
The interior design and outdoor spaces style of Alchemy, conceived by Enrico Gobbi – Team for Design, is characterized by a calm and elegant atmosphere that influences all decks and areas. Every single piece of furniture is bespoke, including the oversized sofa in the main salon which is one of its kind.
“Spa mood was the keyword for the interior design and exterior décor of this yacht; natural materials, soft colors, and essential shapes for the interiors. Soft indirect lights to ‘wet’ the simplicity of the forms, where the detail and construction quality had to emerge and characterize the space: ‘detail makes the differences’ this is the motto that we have followed more than ever in this project together with the owners. Never before on a yacht of this size have we worked that closely with the owners, who became full members of the design team: we started from a blank sheet of paper up to the design of the sofas’ décor and cushions to make every detail unique and unrepeatable. To sum up, in this refined project, luxury and uniqueness lies in the deep research for a refined detail.” Says Enrico Gobbi, Founder of Enrico Gobbi – Team for Design
TECHNICAL DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION FEATURES OF M/Y ALCHEMY
Length over all (LOA): 65.70m – 215.5ft Beam: 11.31m – 37.1ft Draft: 3.11m – 10.2ft Gross tonnage: 1194 GT Material: steel, aluminium Top speed: 16 kn Cruising speed: 12 kn Guest cabin: 5+1 Crew cabin: 8+1 Exterior Design: Philippe Briand – Vitruvius Yachts Interior Design: Enrico Gobbi – Team For Design Naval Architecture: Philippe Briand – Vitruvius Yachts & Rossinavi
ABOUT PHILIPPE BRIAND – VITRUVIUS YACHTS
The internationally acclaimed naval architect and yacht designer Philippe Briand is a driving force in his field. He made his name designing award-winning sailing yachts under his own brand name and building on that experience has led him to create a revolutionary range of motor yachts Vitruvius Yachts.
Inspired by a childhood sailing in the yachting centre of La Rochelle, France, Philippe Briand has dedicated his life to perfecting the art of conquering the sea. His designs stand out for their technical excellence and precision, combined with his strong artistic flair and ability to drive innovative design trends as he seeks perfection. As one of the founders of Water Revolution Foundation he contributes to the standards moving towards the neutralisation of the ecological footprint of the yachting industry, and Vitruvius Yachts are 30% more efficient than other yachts of comparable size.
With over 12,000 boats built to date Philippe Briand could reasonably be considered the most prolific yacht designer of our time. His loyal client base of extremely discerning owners appreciate his collaborative approach to design – they are involved at every stage of shaping their own remarkable superyacht. With offices in both London and La Rochelle, Briand and his team of designers and engineers work with yacht owners around the world who are looking for the very best.
The impressive range of Vitruvius Yachts may range in size to over 100m in length. Briand’s meticulous attention to detail means they are perfected to the nearest millimetre. This dedicated approach to intelligent, sustainable yet stunningly elegant design has been recognized internationally with 34 prestigious yacht awards so far. www.philippebriand.com / www.vitruviusyachts.com
ABOUT ENRICO GOBBI – TEAM FOR DESIGN
Team for Design is a Yacht Design and Architecture firm established in 2005 and based in Italy, in the historic city of Venice. The most unique town on the water is a cradle of art, architecture and is representative of the Italian Style. Not least, native town of Team for Design’s chief designer Enrico Gobbi. Venice has had a relevant influence on the designer’s professional formation, his strong relation both with architecture and water reflects the presence of both these elements in the old town. Enrico Gobbi, after graduating from the world-renowned University of Architecture in Venice (IUAV), obtained a specialisation in Yacht Design and started working in the marine industry. Many years of experience achieved by collaborating with some of the most renown design companies and shipyards brought him to become the creative mind of Team for Design. Team for Design along with Enrico Gobbi, bring together designers with different views of design and architecture from all over the world under the same firm, hence the word “TEAM” in our company name. We have an absolute passion for exceptional design, our mood is “all is possible: we draw your dreams… with a realistic vision”. Team for Design’s activities include exterior/interior design of custom superyachts and serial production yachts, beginning from the conceptual drawings up to the executive phase and project management during construction. Not least, the development of exclusive residential projects for some of our affectionate Clients brought us to open a Residential Department that creates luxurious interior design projects and prestigious buildings and villas. www.teamfordesign.com