5 Tips To Jump Start Your Fitness Motivation
By Simone Cavalletti
Are you the type to set your alarm in the morning when you plan on working out, but never quite make it?
Or are you the one who packs a gym bag, but are so exhausted by the end of the day that you drive right by the gym on your way home? Do these routines sound familiar?
For many of us, we go through this for a few days then we just give up altogether. This is especially common if we push ourselves too hard to begin with and sustain some sort of injury. Of course, we need to let the injury heal, but then we likely fall out of routine. So, how do you make sure you stick with it? Well, thankfully, we can all make use of the Top Ankle Compression Sleeve for Fitness injuries, as well as other supports, so that there’s really no excuse when it comes to exercising regularly. Plus, the added support can help prevent any other injuries as well as repair any previous injuries.
How about if you haven’t sustained an injury. How do we keep motivated? There is no magical solution to making sure you get your exercise in every day. Everyone’s schedule and lifestyle is different. But Simone offers five keys to assuring your success.
1. Consistency is the key. As mentioned above, start out light. Commit to two workouts per week. It doesn’t seem as demanding so you won’t start making excuses not to go. Two days a week adds up in a year. Plus, if you start feeling stronger and healthier, you may want to go more often anyway.
2. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to perform all your exercises at once. Break it up throughout the day if you can’t find one lump sum of time to get everything in. Go for two 10 minute walks a day — one before or after work and one at lunch. That’s 20 minutes of exercise everyday that you didn’t really have to think about.
3. Set your alarm earlier than you usually would to get up and go workout. There’s no need to rush. Set your workout clothes next to your bed. When your alarm goes off and you wake up, get motivated by looking at your running shoes. Commit to three power walks a week.
4. Visualize what you want your body to look like. Don’t take more than a minute or two, but imagine how your hard work of committing to a fitness routine will turn out. Positive thinking can be an excellent motivator. Buy yourself new workout gear, or tracksuits for men and make yourself feel good! A positive mindset goes such a long way. Just know, you won’t see the results you want if you are not sticking to your goals. You could even buy yourself the dream muscle shirt as something to work towards, the sense of achievement when your body looks exactly how you pictured will be so great. If you said you wanted to give up smoking, find ways to do this. As there are many alternatives to smoking, as well as quitting, there are no excuses as to why you didn’t reach your target. Before you have to compare life insurance companies, try and do everything you can to maintain a healthier lifestyle. The topic of death isn’t one we want to think about, but if you continue to smoke and take up other bad habits, it may not be one you can avoid. It’s all about staying positive and being committed to what you want to achieve.
5. Hire a personal trainer. If you’re committing to a fitness routine when someone else (and money) is involved, you may think twice about making excuses not to go. Not only will you learn from the experience, but it will give you that push you needed. After you feel comfortable without a trainer, you’ve already established that routine of exercising so many times a week. And by then, you’ll be feeling too good to stop going.
Keeping a balanced lifestyle is the main factor of a healthy life. Eating right and exercising are two main components. Committing to and following through with a regular exercise regimen will make it all the more easy to eat better and feel better.SimoneFitness.com
Check with your doctor before start your healthy new Life. Drink plenty of water and do not forget “La Vita es Bella”